Govt. E. Raghvendra Rao P.G. Science College

Content will be comming soon

Content will be comming soon

Content will be comming soon

Content will be comming soon

About Govt. E. Raghvendra Rao P.G. Science College

  The college, Govt. E. Raghavendra Rao P.G. Science College, was formerly known as SBR College which was established in 1944 and was taken over by the Govt. of M.P. in 1972. It was designated as Govt. Model Science P.G. College separating its Arts and Commerce faculties from it in 1986. Again in 1987, the Govt. and the UGC accorded the status of an Autonomous College giving it academic autonomy, though the Autonomous System could be brought into effect in 1993-94. Evaluating the academic activities of the college, the Govt. of Chhattisgarh acknowledged it as a Centre for Excellence in Science Education in 2006 and the UGC awarded the college with “A College with Potential for Excellence” in 2008-09. NAAC had graded the college with B+ in 2005.The college, sprawling in 30 acres, has Post Graduate Departments in Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Zoology and Microbiology while Geology, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Information Technology and Hindi and English are Under Graduate Departments.

Besides these, BCA has been started in 2011-12. Under the Add –on Courses, Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma in Industrial Chemistry, Computer Maintenance, Biological Techniques and Specimen Preparation, Agro Services and Industrial Microbiology are also run for the students along with their traditional courses. The PGDCA has also been started even for the off campus students.


Sector Government
Establish year1944
Subjects PGDCA, MSc, BCA, BSc,
Affiliated to Bilaspur University, Bilaspur
Email[email protected]
Websitesciencecollegebilaspur.ac.in
AddressGovernment E. Raghvendra Rao P.G. Science College, Seepat Road,Bilaspur(Chhattisgarh) 495006
Location Bilaspur
Contact No.Phone No.07752-246430